Friday, September 14, 2007

In alcohol, accuracy

The above title saps much of the appeal behind "in vino veritas." Of course, they mean the same thing, unless the contention that some other aspect of fermented grape juice conjures truth. An unlikely theory at best.

Rambles aside, my future was discussed tonight and, consequently, a post must be written. Earlier in the evening, I spoke with my friend Cornelius about our futures. It seems we're each facing a similar crossroads. Drained by constant entry level job ambivalence, the discussion regularly turns to what's next. He brought up joining the army, and I countered with doing DC Teaching Fellows. A humorous throwback to our earliest political debates I thought. After the call, I felt better because I knew I wasn't the only one. Likely, I could have figured that out myself, but it was nice all the same.

We also discussed an amazing book, Crimes Against Logic. Somewhere, I'll review the book in greater depth. I'm only a third through and I already love it.

No comments: