Monday, September 24, 2007

One week

It's been a week since my last post. I don't know why that is. There are several excuses to choose from. They range from the legitimate to the inconsequential, but at the root of my posting failure is laziness. Pure unadulterated sloth. Only the finest.

Ironically, the only solution I've found for the problem requires a surge in ambition and life momentum. When I was lazy growing up in Oxford, I had to find a college where I didn't know anyone and would have to build a new life for myself. Then when I was lazy in college, I had to move to DC and see what the real world was like. Now, the same problem is back: I have re-established a comfort zone.

Back in the heydays of Ontario Rd, Ralph would, among other things, speak about how adversity is a necessity for personal growth. While not a revolutionary idea, it can easily be overlooked. Spend a day or a week or a month focusing on the little things that can slow you down, and you lose sight of the bigger picture. Of course, I'm not sure I've seen the bigger picture yet.

Although I hate work for work's sake, I think starting to write my new narcolepsy themed personal statement will help spur me to action. Doing the edits for all of Cornelius' essays have reminded me that there's a considerable amount of legwork that goes into any big move. I suppose I should get ready.

No comments: